- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1/2 c warm water (110 F)
- 1 c warm milk
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 1 t salt
- 3 to 4 c flour
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water
- Stir together butter, milk, salt and 2 cups of flour.
- Add the yeast mixture and continue to mix in remaining 2 cups of flour until a soft dough forms
- Knead for 5 minutes
- Let rise until doubled (at least 1 hour)
- Divide and shape dough to desired roll type
- Place on greased baking sheet and let rise another 30 minutes to an hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown
Yield: 10 to 12 rolls
FYI: This bread freezes well. Freeze on pan after rolls have been shaped (for about an hour). Then pop them off the pan and seal them in an airtight bag. Thaw and let rise for an hour before baking.