- 3/4 c warm water (100 - 110 F)
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 c almond meal/four
- 1 c garbanzo bean (chickpeas) flour
- 1/2 c ground golden flaxseed
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 c sugar-free pizza or marinara sauce
- Ricotta, shredded mozzarella, or thinly sliced fresh mozzarella
- Thinly sliced pepperoni
- Thinly sliced and sautéed bell pepper and onion
- Thinly sliced and sautéed yellow squash and zucchini
- Quartered grape tomatoes
- Chopped fresh herbs
- Whisk together water and yeast in small bowl until yeast dissolves. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk together almond meal/flour, garbanzo flour, flaxseed and 1 tsp sea salt in medium bowl.
- Add oil and yeast mixture and stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed and loose ball of dough forms.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place 1 hour.
- Divide into 6 equal parts.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place piece of parchment on working surface. Put 1 piece of dough on top and cover with second piece of parchment.
- Flatten with rolling pin into 4" circle and place dough round on one of the prepared pans and carefully remove top parchment.
- Use a spoon to form crust edge.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 1/4 cup of sauce and desired toppings.
- Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Yield: 6 pizzas
Nutrition per pizza without optional toppings
Protein: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 10 g
Fat: 21 g
Sodium: 545 mg